Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

ATTN: Class... School is back in session

Monday was the start of Mr. Man's 4th semester in medical school.  It's amazing it has gone this fast.  It was also his 25th birthday so we celebrated with some classmates he hadn't really seen over break.  It's so weird to think this is his last semester of classes before he starts rotations.  Tonight he came over after his first surgery lab.  He has his gown, mask, hat and towel and showed me a couple knots he had learned to tie that will eventually become suture knots in someones arm or leg!  So crazy! 

The school sent out an email today on rotation site availibility.  The site we want has 107 openings at the moment and there are 215 currently in the class.  Fingers crossed for one of those openings!!  The lottery that picks where each student will do their first year of rotation starts on January 24th (best day in the world haha i.e. my birthday) and ends at the end of the month.  During that time each student chooses the top 6 sites they would like to do their rotation.  The students are told that in the past that you have a 90% change of getting oen of your top 2 choices.  The only thing that stinks for us is our choices 2-6 require us to move further away from our families and friends.  It could be a plus for me and work but I would rather stay right where I am!

On some positive notes for me.  Now that he is back to the grind of studying well past midnight I have got to keep myself busy after work.  I've started back at the gym.  It doesn't keep me too busy as I am normally home by 6 but I am so tired afterwords I don't really have the energy to bug him!  I have been taking Zumba at one of the local athletic clubs.  AMAZING is the only word I can use to describe that class!  Some nights we shake our booties until I think they will fall off!  Another awesome, good for my

Other then that we have been doing some couple things together to keep us busy but we will discuss those adventures in a later post.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment