Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Over a month since last post??

Boy have I been a slacker lately!  Which is odd considering I am on bed rest so you would think I would be filling this thing out like it was no body's business!
So I thought everything that went on in week 32 was bad, but week 34 definitely took the cake!  On August 15th I stayed home from work because I just didn't feel right.  Kind of crampy and having some contractions but nothing crazy.  By 6 when Scott got home I was having pretty decent contractions that seemed to be regular.  I started timing them and after 2.5 hours of contractions lasting about a minute long and 4 minutes apart I thought it was time to call.  Dr. said head on in so we did.  Contractions were regular and baby looked great.  They gave me a shot of trebutline (can't remember the spelling at the moment) but it stopped the contractions right away and they said we were free to go.  I asked if I could travel to Iowa City the next day and the nurse said sure that shouldn't be a problem.  They did say however I had started to dilate to almost 1 cm!

Well she was wrong.  About 3 miles outside of my last trip to Iowa City before this baby gets here I started having contractions again.  I tried to play them off but they just kept getting stronger and closer together.  About 11:30 I called my OB back in Des Moines and asked what to do as the contractions were about 75 second long and coming every 2.5 to 3 minutes.  She said head to Mercy in Iowa City now.  Don't try to drive back.  So I get there and sure enough they are stronger and closer together then the night before and so I get another shot.  It stops again right away.  They then tell me to get back to Iowa City.

I had my 34 week appt. on Wednesday so I go in and I'm having contractions but not as frequent or timeable.  She checked me again and sure enough I was at 1 cm.  She said that if I go into labor after 34 weeks they won't take extreme measures to stop it.  They also will not give a steroid shot for the lungs once I get past 34 weeks and its proven to do more harm than good.  So how do we make the contractions and progress stop?  Modified bed rest and it's worked!  I will be 37 weeks tomorrow and as of last week I had no more progression!  I have an appt. today to see how things are going so we shall see if it's still working!

No comments:

Post a Comment