Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

We're Pregnant!

We tested, and tested and tested again!  All in total I think I had 7 positive pregnancy tests over 7 days.  I know overkill but I just wanted to be sure.  I called on the 24th to my family doctor and she got me in the next day.  She confirmed that we are pregnant and gave me an EDD of September 29, 2011!  She did hear my extra heart beat so I have been to the Dr. a lot lately.  Friday I saw a Cardiologist who then ordered an echo and a holter monitor test.  I got the results of the Echo yesterday and everything is good there.  I then went in yesterday to have the monitor put on for 24 hours.  Being pregnant is uncomfortable to begin with but having 5 wires hooked to you with really sticky circles all night long really sucked!  Oh well I was able to take them off so hopefully everything is good now!

On to the fun stuff!  Since a doctor confirmed it we felt we could tell the parents.  Both sets decided on their own to come up this last weekend so we got to tell them in person.  I got some t shirts for the dads and canvas bags for the moms and aunt.


Gma and Gpa L came up on Friday right before I had to go to my echo.  Before we left for the appointment I brought out two Valentine's Day bags and said I had found some cute little items for Valentine's Day for them.  I got the camera ready and boy were they excited!  I think you can tell by Gma L's face - she was shocked!




Then it was on to Gma and Gpa W and Aunt C.  This group knew we were trying but I had lied to my mom earlier in the week that it wasn't this month and we would keep trying.  They came up on Sunday and pulled the same Valentine's Day gift bags. 


Aunt C was so excited she started crying!  She's been giving me crap for a while so she's really excited.  Now we just need to get her engaged and we'll be all good!  Telling the families was so much fun.  They were all so happy and excited!!  Now I have to wait until 12 weeks to tell everyone... that is going to be a long wait but a fun ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment