Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cloth Diaper Update Part 2!

So the very next day after my first update where I said I was pretty much done I changed my mind.  I had purchased 12 FuzziBunz OS pocket diapers off a woman on Craigslist.  At first I was very excited to find some used dipes in good condition from a local person that were in boy or gender neutral colors.  These diapers are different from the few BumGenius diapers I have purchased.  The first difference is how you change the sizes.  With the BG dipes you have snaps in front and they change to three different sizes.  The FB dipes use elastic in the legs.  The more and more I read about them the less appealing they sound.  The other difference is how they close.  The BGs I have are aplix (velcro) and the FB are all snaps.  Each side has 3 snaps that have to be snapped every time you put the diaper on.  A lot moms love the snaps but I am sort of lazy so I think the aplix is going to be the way to go for us. 
I was bound and determined to try the FB and try and make them work for us until someone posted on the CD board on the bump about a website that was not only honoring the BG buy 5 get 1 free sale but also was honoring their Memorial Day 15% off with free shipping!  The last selling point for me was they were carrying the new artist series prints too!  So let me break this down.  Each regular print diaper is $17.95.  Each artist print is $19.95.   I purchased 12 diapers, 6 regular prints and 6 artist prints.  Normally that would be $227.40 for those 12 diapers.  I paid $142.59 or roughly $11.88 a diaper!!!!  That is almost a 38% discount on brand new diapers! :)

Here are the artist prints I got!  The I got 2 of each the blue and red with aplix and got 1 snap and 1 aplix of the black and white because I couldn't resist what the snapped black and white looked like!




Now I need to sell my FB diapers because I have way too many.  I think I am going to keep the darker yellow and a red one.  I googled and you can use fabric paint to make your own designs on them.  Since Scott is pretty handy when it comes to drawing and painting I thought how cute would it be for him to draw the Herky head for Iowa Hawkeyes on the yellow and a navy blue STL logo on the bum of a red one!  Even if they don't work as good dipes they will make for some super cute pictures! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment