Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I think I am becoming a sewer!

This is going to be a quick post and I will post more on this later but I am soooo stinking proud of myself you have no idea! I think I can sew! Not well by any means and not elaborate things but actual things that I think will work!


First project was to sew some cloth wipes. I got different flannel and cut them out into 8" x 8" squares. I laid 2 pieces right side together and stitched. Once I was all the way around I turned them right side up and sewed the little hole up. I made 50 of them and here is an example!

 

I love my monkey wipes! :)

My next project was fleece soakers.  These will work great for covers with his prefolds and fitted cloth diapers!  The first one I made was a total flop because I wasn't paying attention to the pattern and the direction of the fabric.  I found a great free pattern online at http://katrinassqs.blogspot.com/2007/10/free-soaker-pattern.html  It was sooo super easy to follow and gives you all different sizes.  The 2nd one I made turned out a little better.  It is my newborn sized STL Cardinals Fleece soaker!



Next I thought I could tackle some fleece longies.  I used the free pattern from the same website as the soaker http://katrinassqs.blogspot.com/2008/09/longies-pattern.html.  Here is a picture of my size small robot fleece longies.




Last but not least I made a cocoon!  Oh I love the cocoon and think it turned out really well!  I found a post about it on www.diaperswappers.com in their craft forum.  The link is http://www.evolutiondiapers.com/#!free and was even easier then the soakers and longies.  Here is a picture of the cocoon in the middle, the newborn sized longies on the right, small soaker top left and newborn soaker bottom left!  I am so proud of myself!  haha



No comments:

Post a Comment