Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

NT Scan and Pictures!

Last time I wrote I wasn't even 8 weeks yet.  Today I am happy to say I am half way through week 14!!!

So much has happened in the last 6 weeks!  We had our NT scan and got to see Baby L for the first time!  It was so amazing!  It wasn't nothing like I had expected.  We went on 3/16/11 for the scan.  I was so glad that Scott was able to come because I was pretty nervous.  I thought it was weird that up until that point the only thing that had confirmed my pregnancy were the 6 pregnancy tests I took at home and the one urine test I did at the dr.  Other then that no blood test at all. 

Anyways... work had been bugging the crap out of me about how I was having twins.  They all knew I was getting the scan done on the 16th so that morning I send an email out to the 2 main people who had been bugging me (boss was one of them) that they were in so much trouble and that I needed a raise.  Right underneath that I copied a wonderful picture I had found on google of an u/s picture for someone who was in fact having twins.  Both guys that were copied on the email freaked and then it got sent all around the company.  I even had the President/CEO convinced I was having twins.

Good thing I hadn't jinxed myself.  When we actually made it in and she put it up to my stomach there popped up the most gorgeous picture I have ever seen in my life.  Baby L was just hanging out in there.  S/he's heart was beating so fast (172) and oh my goodness I couldn't get over at 12 weeks how much the little stinker looked like a baby!  At that point in time it was about 2.5 inches long and the size of a plum.  Scott was pretty much in shock just staring at the screen.  She printed out 8 pictures for us to take home.  In different ones you can see toes and fingers and the nose and jaw line.  It was amazing! 




No comments:

Post a Comment